1. Know what you want specifically
2. Know what’s been successful for you already
3. Ask for help when you need it
4. (Extra bonus step) Identify the hurdles to getting you there
5. (Extra, extra bonus step) Try something new that sounds inspiring, helpful or fun
6. (Extra, extra, extra bonus step) Don’t give up, and identify one small step you can make this week that will get you closer to what you want
It is helpful to write down your answers to each of these steps. In psychology we call this identifying your positive emotional attractors and your negative emotional attractors. Did you know there are six stages of change? It's crucial to your success in making the choices you want to make to know that it's okay to be at the stage you are at. There are things that can bump you from one stage to the next, as well.
Please let me know if I can help you!